Offshore Asset Protection
Asset protection is defined as the safeguarding of wealth and assets from attack by future, unsecured creditors. The assets that we have protected include liquid assets, securities, real estate, business interests, professional practices, works of art, intellectual property, cars, boats, jewelry and virtually anything of value. We protect these assets from threats such as aggressive litigants and predatory creditors, and preserve the assets for the benefit of our clients and their families.
We carefully safeguard the privacy of our clients and the confidentiality of their assets. Rather than basing asset protection strategies on the supposed “banking secrecy”, we use the law – – both U.S. and foreign – – to create secure, impenetrable barriers around those assets. As a result, our asset protection strategies have withstood the test of time as well as governmental and judicial scrutiny.
Internationally, we have developed strategies utilizing asset protection trusts, corporate entities, limited partnerships and more esoteric vehicles such as foreign annuities and private placement insurance, which have successfully protected clients’ assets in extremely sensitive situations.
In order to ensure the safety of our clients’ offshore assets, we have developed long standing relationships with well credentialed international banking institutions, attorneys, trustees and government officials at the highest levels in various offshore jurisdictions
For additional information, we invite you to read the following articles, or contact us.
- International Asset Protection
- Is Offshore Asset Protection Still Viable?
- Asher Rubinstein on CNBC Asia Discussing Undeclared Foreign Accounts Targeted by the IRS, and Offshore Asset Protection
- Antigua Asset Protection laws drafted by Rubinstein become effective
- Liechtenstein: Still an Excellent Jurisdiction for Tax-Compliant Offshore Planning
- Foreign Trust Survives Creditor Challenge
- Offshore trusts survive IRS, repatriation and contempt
- How foreign trusts can backfire for US taxpayers
- Offshore planning in a transparent world
- IRS Traps
- Equity stripping
- Asset Protection in General
- Who Needs Asset Protection?
- Protect What You Have Left
- Asset Protection in the Bear Market
- Domestic v. International Asset Protection: What’s right for me?
- Think You Don’t Need Asset Protection?
- An Asset Protection Epiphany
- Labor and Wage Lawsuits are the Latest Threat to Business Owners, Who Respond by Protecting Assets
- How Not to Protect Assets