Kenneth Rubinstein will be a featured speaker at the forum “Russia & CIS Clients: New Risks & Alternative Solutions” on March 11, 2015 in Zurich, Switzerland.
Kenneth’s presentation, “Investing in the U.S.: How to Maximize Asset Protection and Minimize U.S. Tax”, will explore the following topics:
- Effective U.S. asset protection structures: trusts, LLCs and LPs;
- Avoid the traps of self-settled trusts and single member LLCs;
- Achieving complete confidentiality… but not too much. The more control you keep, the less anonymity you have;
- Beware of reciprocal FATCA;
- U.S. investment: foreign owned investments are tax-exempt but . . . exceptions:
- U.S. source income;
- The exception to the exception: tax treaty countries;
- Interest and dividends;
- The “C” corporation trap;
- The exception to the exception: portfolio interest;
- Real estate: beware the FIRPTA tax;
- Exception to the exception: U.S. discretionary trusts.
Please contact us for any additional information regarding the above topics.