Asher Rubinstein, Esq.
Asher Rubinstein is a partner at Rubinstein and Rubinstein, LLP. His practice concentration is in domestic and international asset protection, wealth preservation, tax planning and compliance, and related litigation.
Asher provides legal representation to clients on issues including the preservation and protection of assets and private wealth, domestically and offshore, income tax planning, estate planning, and asset-protection-related litigation in state and federal courts on the trial and appellate levels. In addition, Asher has represented clients in a range of transactions including cross-border business ventures and investments, banking and finance. He has established domestic and offshore investment funds. He has provided advice and consultation regarding U.S. tax, regulatory and other governmental compliance, as well as drafted asset protection legislation for a foreign government.
Asher has represented foreign and domestic clients ranging from high net worth individuals, celebrities, art collectors, restaurateurs, wine importers, entrepreneurs, hedge fund investors, international investors, multinational corporations and family offices.
Asher began his career as an international trade attorney at a Park Avenue international trade law firm. In 1999, he joined Kenneth Rubinstein to form Rubinstein & Rubinstein, LLP, using his international experience to advise clients on offshore asset protection and wealth preservation strategies.
Asher was awarded a B.A. with distinction from the University of Michigan in 1991, and a Juris Doctor degree from the Benjamin Cardozo School of Law in 1996.
Asher has been interviewed and appeared in various media, including:
- The New York Times
- Bloomberg Financial News (Radio, TV and Internet)
- CNBC Television (U.S., Europe and Asia)
- Dow Jones/Wall Street Journal
- Schweizer Fernsehen (Swiss TV)
- Swiss Info News
- Real Estate Business Online
- Reuters News Service
- The Times of London
- National Public Radio (NPR)
- Wealth Briefing
- World Wide Tax Daily
- Tax Notes International
- The Wealth Net
- Le Matin (Switzerland)
- Der Standard (Austria)
- Indus Business Journel (India)
- Banking, Finance & Markets (India)
Asher’s publications include:
- Bringing a Foreign Bank Account into Tax Compliance, (Tax Notes International, Vol. 64, No.5, Oct 31st, 2011)
- The IRS Offensive Against Offshore Accounts: New Attacks and New Relief, (Tax Notes International, Vol. 62, No.4, Apr 25th, 2011)
- The Role of the Attorney in the Voluntary Disclosure Process, Tax Notes International, Vol. 60, No. 8, November 22, 2010
- Estate Planning Moves to Consider Before 2010 is Done, Forbes.com, November 10, 2010
- After UBS Deal, Does Offshore Banking Have a Future? By Asher Rubinstein, Published on Forbes.com (June 17, 2010)
- Creating a Safety Net for Landlords and Property Owners (Real Estate Business Online, December 3, 2009)
- Feeling Heat From Foreign Account Disclosures (Forbes.com, Oct. 15, 2009)
- New Switzerland-U.S. Tax Treaty Further Erodes Offshore Banking Secrecy; Questions Remain, but Disclosure is Prudent (World Wide Tax Daily, July 29, 2009 and Tax Notes International, July 6, 2009)
- Efficacy of Family Limited Partnerships: A Case Study (2003)
- Turning Property into a Fortress: The Increasing Need for Landlords to Protect Their Assets (2003)
Contact Asher at (212) 888-6600 and at Arubinstein@Assetlawyer.com