Rubinstein & Rubinstein, LLP has a very successful record in representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and State tax authorities.
We have represented and advised clients in:
- criminal and civil tax investigations and audits;
- protests and appeals of tax deficiencies and tax assessments;
- removal of tax levies and liens;
- tax mediations, litigations and appeals;
- voluntary disclosures of offshore income and foreign assets;
- negotiations of Offers In Compromise, reduction in penalties and installment payment plans;
- obtaining revenue rulings and advisory opinions from tax authorities, and tax advice and representation in connection with income tax, sales tax, estate tax, tax compliance and tax mitigation.
Recently, we have an ever-expanding practice in representing taxpayers in connection with foreign assets. Such representation has included the preemptive disclosure of such assets in exchange for reduced penalties, as well as defensive representation in investigations or audits. Our expertise includes bringing offshore assets into US tax compliance and mitigation of past non-compliance.
We also advise foreign persons and businesses on US tax compliance and tax minimization in connection with US assets and US business activities. We also advise US taxpayers in connection with expatriation.
The following articles provide information on our tax representation. Please contact us for additional information or to schedule a consultation.
- IRS Reporting Requirements for Foreign Trusts
- A Current Assessment of the IRS Streamlined Offshore Procedures
- Offshore Update: The Door to Foreign Account Amnesty Can Close at Any Time
- If You Have an Unreported Foreign Account, You Really Should Be Thinking About Tax Compliance
- Offshore Update: Continued Investigation and Prosecution of Foreign Accounts Amidst a New Opportunity for Pre-emptive Disclosure.
- U.S. & Switzerland Reach Agreement: Almost All Swiss Banks to Provide Account Information to IRS
- Should Everyone With Undeclared Foreign Assets Make a Voluntary Disclosure to the IRS? Are There Less Costly Alternatives to a Voluntary Disclosure?
- The Next Wave of IRS Offshore Account Enforcement: Israeli Banks Under Scrutiny
- Effectively Representing the Client in a Voluntary Disclosure of a Foreign Account
- New York Times article “Voluntarily Disclose Your Offshore Accounts or Else” quotes Asher Rubinstein
- Liechtensteinische Landesbank to Provide Banking Records to US Investigators; Further Erosion of Offshore Secrecy by Tax Havens
- Do You Have Foreign Assets? IRS Form 8938 Requires Disclosure
- Expect More Tax Audits, More Aggressive IRS
- How and Why to Bring a Foreign Bank Account Into Tax Compliance Now
- FBAR Reporting for Foreign Annuity Policies, Foreign Life Insurance Policies and Foreign Trusts
- Offshore Asset Protection Trusts and FBAR Disclosure
- The Role of the Attorney in the Voluntary Disclosure Process
- Ongoing Tax Reporting Requirements
- Expat Americans Living & Working Abroad; on the IRS Radar
- The Death of Bank Secrecy
- Didn’t Voluntarily Disclose Your Offshore Account? What to Do Now, After the End of Foreign Bank Secrecy.
- Swiss Banking Secrecy is Fading: Take Defensive Action
- Asher Rubinstein on Swiss TV (in German) regarding foreign banking
- Asher Rubinstein on Swiss TV (in French) regarding Swiss banking and the indictment against Wegelin Bank
- Asher Rubinstein on CNBC Asia discussing Undeclared Foreign Accounts Targetted by the IRS, and Offshore Asset Protection
- Watch Asher Rubinstein interviewed on CNBC regarding Offshore Banking, the End of Bank Secrecy, the IRS attack against HSBC India and Offshore Asset Protection
- Asher Rubinstein interviewed on Reuters on Tax Minimization strategies
- Watch Ken Rubinstein discuss Offshore developments on CNBC Asia regarding offshore bank accounts
- Asher Rubinstein interviewed by Swiss TV regarding Swiss bank accounts:
- Watch Asher Rubinstein on CNBC discussing Offshore investments and taxation:
- Watch Asher Rubinstein Interviewed on Bloomberg about Offshore Banking:
- Asher Rubinstein Interviewed on Bloomberg TV about Offshore Banking Secrecy
- Asher Rubinstein on “Squawk Box” – CNBC Asia, discussing foreign investments and offshore asset protection
- Asher Rubinstein Interviewed on Bloomberg TV Regarding Offshore Tax Evasion
- Asher Rubinstein on Swiss TV regarding Swiss Bank Accounts
- Asher Rubinstein on Bloomberg TV discussing Offshore Banking Compliance
- Watch Asher Rubinstein discuss Offshore developments on CNBC –
[See Video 1] [See Video 2] [See Video 3] [See Video 4] [See Video 5]
- Watch Ken Rubinstein discuss Offshore Developments on Yahoo Finance –
[See Video 1] [See Video 2] [See Video 3]
- Watch Asher Rubinstein discuss Offshore developments on Bloomberg –
[See Video 1] [See Video 4] [See Video 5]
- Watch Ken Rubinstein discuss Financial Regulation on CNBC
- See Rubinstein & Rubinstein’s YouTube channel