Year-end is a good time to reflect upon your estate planning wishes, whether they are current and whether your survivors will be able to efficiently inherit. To this end, we offer the following questions to direct you:
- Are your appointments (executors, trustees, guardians, etc.) up to date?
- Have there been any significant life changes, such as births, deaths, marriage, etc.?
- Have your assets/net worth changed significantly, for better or worse?
- Has there been a change in your marital status or the marital status of your child(ren) or other beneficiaries?
- Have you become involved in a new business venture (which would also give rise to asset protection issues)?
- Do you wish to make any charitable gifts when you pass away (or now)?
- Have you moved to a new state?
Please contact us for assistance with your estate planning.