On March 2, 2016, Asher Rubinstein will be one of three attorneys who will be leading a Webinar presentation titled “FBAR and U.S. Tax Reporting and Compliance Requirements for Foreign Assets” presented by Strafford Publications, Inc. We have a limited number of free subscriptions for clients and friends of the firm. If interested, please contact us soon.
The Webinar will address such topics as:
- FBAR (FinCEN Form 114) reporting regulations for foreign financial accounts.
- IRS Form 8938, introduced only a few years ago, required for the reporting of foreign financial assets, including financial accounts and foreign assets not held in financial accounts.
- Reporting requirements for foreign trusts, foreign foundations and foreign corporations, and how to come into compliance if you haven’t filed the relevant forms (e.g., IRS Form 3520 for offshore trusts, Form 5471 for foreign corporations).
- The IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP) for coming into IRS compliance, and the benefits and requirements of the OVDP.
- The IRS Streamlined disclosure requirements, the lower penalties in the Streamlined program, and eligibility for the Streamlined program, including a discussion of what constitutes “willful” versus “non-willful” failure to report offshore assets.
The Webinar will be followed be a question-and-answer period.
For more information, please visit the Webinar program description.